What makes a happy family? Is it a financially-stable family, a family that never falls ill, a family that hold high positions in their career, or is it a family that enjoys a good relationship? We get feng shui master Joey Yap to share some advice on how feng shui can help in making sure that your family is a happy one. Yes, if the relationship between your family members is not up to par, it is possible to use feng shui principles to improve its quality.
Short term goals
Have you ever encountered certain years in which your family and you had several or even a lot of arguments or disputes? In feng shui, there is a concept called the Annual Flying Stars which denotes sectors in your house as either positive or negative. The cause of the sudden disputes could be an inauspicious Flying Star which flew into the sector that your bedroom is located in.
So, if you have been involved in a lot of arguments or disputes lately, check to see whether your bedroom is located in the East or Northeast sectors. These 2 sectors contain the Discord Star and the Argument Star respectively. If you’re sleeping in a bedroom that is located in either of these 2 sectors, it would be a wise decision to move into a spare bedroom for the rest of the year.
The Annual Flying Stars move year-to-year, so this advice will only be used for 2018. In 2019, you would have to check the new Annual Flying Stars Chart to figure out the strategy for the new year.
If you have been having problems in your relationship for a while, it could be a long-term problem. If that’s the case, one of the possible steps you could take in solving this issue is to look at your bedroom and see if there’s any arrangement that could lead to a Qi blockage.
Here are some pointers you can consider to improve the Qi in your bedroom:
- Make sure that the bed’s headboard is resting against the wall. Do not let it rest against a door or a window (even if it’s below the window).
- Make sure that the bed’s footrest is not facing a door.
- Make sure that there is nothing hanging above the bed, such as a shelf or a light.
- Make sure that there is no significant water element in the bedroom, such as an aquarium, a water fountain, an uncovered pail of water, or even a water bed. However, glasses or bottles of water are fine as those are small.
- Make sure that the bed is positioned in a way so that sunlight does not hit it during the day.
- Make sure that the bedroom is not too cluttered. It is fine if the clutter is found on shelves, cupboards or tables, but make sure that the floor is neat and tidy.
Do you have any of these problems in your bedroom? If yes, this could be the reason why you have a Qi blockage in your relationship. Try fixing the problem and see whether the situation improves.
Photo credit: Mong Design