Your home is where you should feel comfortable and relaxed so keeping it clean and tidy should be a top priority. But let’s face it cleaning the house is probably one of your least favourite things to do. So how do you motivate yourself to keep up with your household chores? Here are some easy tips to follow for keeping a home clean and organised.
- Cleaning doesn’t have to take up too much of your time.Just 15 minutes a day is enough. Start with the kitchen, then the bathroom. These are two zones that collect the most bacteria and should always be clean and sanitary.
- If daily cleaning sounds too much to handle, clean one room at a time over the course of a week.
Go through each room and make a checklist of what you need to accomplish, and that way you can systematically check off each room and when it is finished.
- Wipe down surfaces after each use.
It takes only a few seconds to wipe down the area you’ve just used, and it stays clean and disinfected, ready to be used again. Most importantly, if you let grease and grime build up over time, it’s almost impossible to restore it to its original condition.
- Always start cleaning the rooms from top to bottom.
Or you will get the bottom dirty while you clean the top. Start with one corner and go round to ensure that you won’t miss anything.
- Baking powder is a great way to clean your carpet.
Sprinkle the powder liberally over the carpet and leave the powder for at least 30 minutes or overnight, depending on the type of stains. Then vacuum up the powder when you are done.
- Never leave dirty dishes in the sink and throw the trash out every morning.
Always clean the dishes before you go to bed and before you leave the house, empty your trash before work daily. In addition, never go to bed with a dirty kitchen. Even if you can’t get to the dishes right after a meal, make sure the kitchen is clean before bedtime to prevent unwanted “guests” from showing up uninvited.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
If you and your partner are juggling a busy schedule, think about getting outside help to keep you home looking and feeling clean. There are so many affordable one-off home cleaning services available now, and all you have to do is click a few buttons on a website to book a cleaner in no time at all. You can use this for days when you are busy with other commitments or when it is time to give your home a thorough spring clean.