Add a fresh dash of colour into your space with these quick and easy spray paint projects.
- Tree Branches
For that touch of nature without the raw rustic feel, simply spray a dried tree branch in a shade that matches your home interior.
- Cork trivets
Protect your countertops with cork trivets stenciled with your favourite moustache motif. Do also for drink coasters to create a matching set at home.
- Floor mat Don’t be too quick to throw out an old doormat. Charming paw prints in neon pink will no doubt draw oohs and aahs from your guests.
- Memo boardAdopting a nautical theme for your desk or console table? Make your pin board the focal point with blue and white waves. It’s functional while keeping with the theme!
- Wall clockPaste round stickers in a uniform pattern all around the clock frame and spray it over in vivid orange to create a quirky dotted clock.
- MugsPersonalise your coffee mug with a shot of colour on the handle. No more mixing it up with the other mugs in the communal pantry.
- BasketsRattan or straw baskets can be refreshed using this method to get the dip-dye effect. Wrap and tape off the top half of the basket, leaving the bottom half exposed.
- Glass bottlesUpcycle an old soda bottle by transforming it into a retro-inspired vase. For a modern take, have it completely covered in the same colour.
- Wooden pegsDress your trusty clothespins up in vibrant hues. To use them for the laundry, apply an extra layer of varnish to seal in the colour.
This was adapted from an article originally written by Jasmine Goh that appeared in the April 2014 issue of SquareRooms